8 months ago
Exponential Finance – a SingularityU Summit – for the first time in Europe
Zurich (CH), November 14, 2019 / Exponential Finance – a SingularityU Summit – will take place for the first time in Europe at AURA, Bleicherweg 5 – Zürich, on November 14-15, 2019. Singularity University (SU) is a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle the world’s biggest challenges and build a better future for all.
Exponential Finance is powered by Talent Garden, the leading European coworking network and educational institute for the digital and tech community. The event is expected to attract around 250 executives, entrepreneurs, financial advisors, insurance and banking executives, and VCs. Attendees will learn how disruptive technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), digital currencies, robotics, genomics, advances in energy, crowdfunding and computing systems are changing the way we do business.
The Summit is intended to show how exponential technologies are simultaneously re-shaping and disrupting the financial industry: it will be an unparalleled opportunity to learn, network and collaborate on the future of payments, banking, asset management and venture capital. Exponential Finance will be a transformative experience for attendees: it convenes the world’s experts to introduce them to exponential technologies and equip them with the mindset and leadership tools that are necessary to take the finance industry into the future. In the first day, a Fintech Panel will take place, “Europe’s Fintech Landscape”, whose goal is to provide a platform for learning and to share experts’ knowledge and insights with the attendees and fellow presenters.
Some of the speakers of the event:
- AMIN TOUFANI CEO of T Labs, formerly the director of strategy and Vice President of Strategic Relations at Singularity University. He brings a unique set of technological, entrepreneurial and policy perspectives to the dialogue of innovation on campus.
- ANITA SCHJØLL BREDE CEO and Co-Founder of Iris.ai, one of the 10 most innovative artificial intelligence startups in 2017 according to Fast Company.
- PATRICK VAN DER PIJL Founder and CEO of Business Models Inc, a global design company on strategy and innovation. He is the coauthor of Design a Better Business: New Mindset, Skills and Tools for Innovation and Strategy and producer of the worldwide bestseller book Business Model Generation.
- EVELYNE PFLUGI CEO and co-Founder at The Singularity Group. She is a recognized authority on markets and investing, including alternative investments in liquid and illiquid new products.
- LAURENZ APIARIUS Founder and Managing Partner of Blockwall, the first regulatory and legally compliant German crypto asset fund on investments in Distributed Ledger/Blockchain technologies offering Institutional Investors, Family Offices and the UHNW community access to this asset class.
- ANDRA KEAY Managing Director of Silicon Valley Robotics, non-profit industry group supporting innovation and commercialization of robotics technologies
- MARC BERNEGGER A web entrepreneur and Fintech-Investor. He is co-founder of Amiando, a ticketing-platform, which was bought by Xing and has been awarded by WEF as a “Global Technology Pioneer”.
- CHELSEA RUSTRUM Co-founder of Instigation Protocol and Founder of Blockchain for Good, Chelsea explores shared ownership and value distribution through the lens of the sharing economy and blockchain technology.
“Through the Exponential Finance Summit, we hope to facilitate meaningful networking connections and encourage ideas that can change the financial world,” said Diego Gil, Managing Director of the event. “The event will help attendees navigate the rapid pace of change that is already taking place in the financial sector because of exponential technologies. We expect that these two days will inspire action that will lead to breakthroughs in the European economy.”
“We are in the midst of the 4th Industrial Revolution. Innovation is happening now, not in a distant future,” says Evelyne Pflugi, CEO and Co-Founder of Zurich based The Singularity Group. “Our goal is to challenge the way we think about the adoption of technology and thought-lead a paradigm shift – especially when it comes to innovation investing. We are looking much forward to discussing the future of finance and to bringing an event to Zurich that will give people in the industry an actual edge.”
“Why does artificial intelligence need ethics? What can companies and organizations do to mitigate ethical AI risks?” With Massimo Pellegrino – member of the Global Responsible Artificial Intelligence Leadership Team at PwC and Head of New Ventures at PwC Italy – we will talk about the Risks of AI and then get into PwC’s overall Responsible AI framework and the toolkit that addresses some of these issues. We will then dig deeper into two areas: bias & fairness and interpretability & explainability.
The event is organized by Talent Garden with authorization and curatorial oversight by Singularity University and is sponsored by The Singularity Group and PwC.
About Singularity University
Singularity University (SU) is a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle the world’s biggest challenges and build a better future for all. SU’s collaborative platform empowers individuals and organizations across the globe to learn, connect, and innovate breakthrough solutions using accelerating technologies like artificial intelligence, robotics, and digital biology. A certified benefit corporation headquartered in Silicon Valley, SU was founded at NASA Research Park in 2008 by renowned innovators Ray Kurzweil and Dr. Peter H. Diamandis with program funding from leading organizations including Google and UNICEF.
To learn more, visit SU.org.
About Talent Garden
Talent Garden is the leading European coworking network and educational institute for the digital and tech community. It offers an unprecedented combination of creative coworking, an internal educational institution and industry-driven events to connect tech talents inside a network of campuses. Founded in Italy in 2011, Talent Garden’s mission is to create local, vibrant, globally connected campuses that empower digital and tech communities. Today the company has a network of twenty-six campuses in eight countries (Albania, Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Romania, Spain).
PRESS CONTACT and accreditation for the event:
Augusta Leante | firstname.lastname@example.org | +39 02 83595005